Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oh Fall, I Love Thee. Let Me Count the Ways...

Howdy Y'all!

I seriously love fall!  And, today's weather was PERFECT!  Here are the many ways I love this season.

1)  The colors of the changing leaves are so beautiful!  Seriously, fall may be my favorite season just because of that.


2)  The Texas State Fair and seeing the Texas Star.  I didn't make it to Dallas this year, but oh my it is super fun!  A day of riding rides, eating fried food and people watching is the best!


3)  The cool crisp mornings...love that!  I love that I don't have to use the air conditioning or the heat because it usually just maintains the perfect temp inside the house.

4) I love to cuddle up on the couch with blanket.  My brother and I used to fight over this cowboy and indian blanket my Me-Ma made many, many years ago.  I was able to sneak it away when I went to college, but I had to give it back before I went to Arkansas.  Luckily, in its place, I was able to get two other blankets she made.  What is cool about these blankets is that they are made out of some of my dad's old clothes from when he was a kid.  I love that...and there is something about covering up with those blankets during the fall and winter that just make it so special.

5) Cooking soups!  You can't eat soup during the summer...its just too hot.  But, today I enjoyed some broccoli cheese soup and a grilled cheese for lunch - and tonight, it was all about the taco soup.  Yum-O!  I am ready to bust out some chili and chicken tortilla soup next.  And, if you have a soup recipe to share...I am all ears!!

6)  Cooking anything with pumpkin.  I think that is even better than the soups.  Lately, I have made some pumpkin oatmeal cookies, pumpkin muffins and a pumpkin pie cake.  I better stop taking about it because my mouth is salivating just thinking about it.

7)  And, of course...this comes as no surprise...but, fall brings on great sports.  College football is the best!  Even though my Longhorns aren't playing so hot this season, it is just so fun to get into.  And, as I am typing this, I am watching the Texas Rangers play in their first World Series ever.  They are behind in the series...but, watch out San Fran, the Rangers are here to play!

Enough about the fall - I am going to go back to cuddling on the couch with those prized blankets I have.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment