Early last week, we (being the Walmart US Finance department) received our monthly newsletter from HR department. If I am being honest, these normally go unread by myself and many of the others that I work with - however, the latest newsletter spread like wildfire!
In the newsletter was a column giving us all grooming tips. Let me describe the folks that make up the Walmart US Finance department. 99% of us are college educated (and let me say that most of them have a much better education that me), most of us have worked for Walmart for 5+ years and 99.9999999% of us dress and groom ourselves appropriately.
Here is a sample of the tips we were given...I can't make this stuff up...SERIOUSLY!
- Shower at least once a day. This one sounds like a given to me - but, I will admit that I do the minimum here. You don't get more than one shower from me.
- Don't wear the same shoes two days in a row - and clean them when you take them off and put them on a shoe tree. Okay, I have the "don't wear the same shoes two days in a row" down and this rule does sound like a good excuse to buy more shoes - BUT, I don't clean them when I get home. Ask Tony - he knows exactly what I do with them. I kick them off in the living room and a pile of shoes collect there until the weekend. I am thinking now that maybe I did need grooming tips after all!
- Change your deodorant regularly to avoid building up a tolerance to it. Okay, really? I work around lots of people daily - and I can only think of one person that may need to follow this one.
- Don't overload pockets with too many accessories. Isaac has this one down! His solution - a murse (man purse)! He even has two different colors to coordinate with his outfit. Love it.
- Visit your hairdresser regularly and keep hair in good condition. Thanks to Taylor at Cabin Red Salon - I have this one down pat.
- Visit the dentist and hygienist regularly. Dang! I'm busted!! My father-in-law is a dentist and Tony and I haven't gotten a dentist here yet. But, I need to make an appointment. This week...I promise!
These just crack me up. It has been almost a week now and I still find it funny. Kaye Cullum, I would like to thank you and "your team" for sending this out so I could get a good chuckle.