Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cutest Little Sous Chef

Howdy Y'all!

I grew up in a house where my mom was not really a baker or a cook, but I have certain memories about baking from my childhood.

My Memaw died when I was very young, but I actually vaguely remember baking with her.  Maybe my memories come from the stories I have heard, but I would sit on the counter and bake with her.

And, when my mom did bake, there was always the tradition of licking the beaters and the bowl.  My sister and I would have to share, of course, and I learned the trick that while the beaters were just cool, the bowl had much more to offer.  :)

I want Harper to grow up with memories like this too and it is never too early to make them.  I let Harper bang on the bowl with the measuring cups while I made some banana bread on Saturday and she had the best time.  I love making memories with her!




Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment