Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hair-volution

Howdy Y'all!

I got a hair cut today and it just feels so refreshing.  I had been letting it grow, but I just thought it was kind of looking blah so I wanted to go back to my old trusty haircut.  However, it got me thinking about some of the hair styles I have had over the years - and I thought I would share some with you.  Hold the laughter until the end, please.  :)

For the first few years of my life - I had this cute little curly hair...


...then I decided to take scissors to it and created this mess.


And, maybe my mom was punishing me or something - but I had a mullet for the next several years.  Yikes!




However, if you thought the mullet was bad, check out my "Princess Leia" look.  It was time to grow out the mullet, but I guess I also talked my mom into getting me a perm.  This is just double yikes!  What you don't see in this picture is my long hair in the back that is pulled up in a ponytail.


Then it was time for the big hair days - unfortunately I don't have any good pictures from this era...but here is one where you can't see much so use your imagination.


For the first couple of years in high school, I had long permed hair and then during my sophomore year spring break, I chopped it to my shoulders.  My first major change.  I am not sure how I kept it so straight without the use of a flat iron...that is still one of my modern mysteries.






My senior year, I had an ugly haircut and it was totally my fault.  I am not sure what is going on here.


Then, during college I decided to chop it all off...it was the shortest it had ever been up until that point.


Most of my time in college and my first few years of my career, I had shoulder length "straight" hair...or as straight as it could have been without the use of a Chi.


I was then introduced to the Chi - and sleek straight hair (except for times of 100% humidity) was introduced to my life.


And, then came the bob...sometimes with blunt straight bangs, sometimes with bangs swept to the side and sometimes naturally curly.  I loved that haircut.




But, I also loved seeing people with long hair and looking at all the cute hairstyles they could do with it so I decided to let it grow.  Over the past year, I have been letting it grow and it seemed to be growing so slow.


So, today during my scheduled haircut, I decided to go back to old trusty...the bob.  Tony told me he loved it when I came home because he said when I wore my hair in a ponytail, I looked scary.  I don't really know what that means, but I am glad I rectified the situation.  :)


I even tried on some of Harper's bows and she got a kick out of it!


Glad you could step back in time with me and go through my hair-volution.  If you were holding back the laughter, go ahead and let it out now...I will laugh along with you.

Toodles!



No comments:

Post a Comment