Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy One Week Birthday Harper Aline!

Howdy Y'all!

I really think time flies when you are having fun.  Seriously, our baby girl is one week old - it feels like we have only had her a few hours.  Before Harper, at home, the TV would be running 24/7 (not really, but you get my point) just to give us some kind of background noise.  Now, I feel like we have barely turned it on - and we are certainly not bored.  The time just flies.  I am not sure where it goes, but I love spending it with this sweet, precious little baby girl.

Yesterday, Harper had an eventful day.  We started out the day eating fried apple pies and ice cream - tasty breakfast if I say so myself.  If you are ever in the Pigeon Forge area, you HAVE to try this place out.  It was so yummy!  I wish I had some right now.  This was actually a suggestion of Ariel and her dad's - and I am certainly glad they suggested it!


After our scrumptious breakfast, we sat in traffic for an hour (ugh) and finally made our way to Chattanooga, TN to visit a few friends.  When I went to college at Sam Houston State University, I worked at the Office of Student Life with two of the most awesome men, Dr. John Delaney and Dean Frank Parker.  Dr. Delaney has since moved to Chattanooga and we were so excited to see them yesterday.  They invited the whole family over for sandwiches and we just sat back and talked a for an hour or two.  It was great!  He and his wife are the sweetest people.


We said goodbye to my mom, dad and niece Hailey at Dr. Delaney's house and then, we met another friend at the Marble Slab and enjoyed some ice cream (twice in one day, folks).  After ice cream, it was time to make our way to Nashville - the drive from Chattanooga to Nashville was absolutely beautiful!  Stunning!  I wish I had some pics, but I didn't take any.  Sorry!

In Nashville, Harper's cousin, Anna Grace was SO excited to meet her.  She was actually waiting for us to pull up by the street, but her mom made her come inside to wait.  She loved everything about Harper except her umbilical cord - she was, in the words of AG, "grossed out" by it.  It was just too funny because she kept bringing it up.  HA!  Amy took some pictures for us and Jim held her as well.  Poor Amy didn't get much snuggle time with Harper - we promise to get her some in the near future.


Like I said above, today Harper turned a whopping 1 week old.  To celebrate her "birthday", we had to eat at the Loveless Cafe before we left Nashville.  After eating some yummy biscuits, we heading out to Memphis.  We are now more than halfway home, but can't leave here until we get the word that the Interstate Compact for Placement of Children is complete.  The agency told us today that Nashville has finished their part and Arkansas was supposed to receive it today.  We are hoping that we get word that we can leave either tomorrow or Wednesday to come home.  It will be nice to sleep in our own beds and not have to pack up all of our things every day and get checked out of some room by 11 am.

I'll leave you with one picture from today.


Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment