Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fear

Howdy Y'all!

This weekend Tony and I are traveling to Knoxville, TN to meet the birth mom of our future daughter.  This is just deja vu for us - we have already done this once and we are hoping for better results.  My friend Laura bought me the coolest necklace for Christmas with mine and Tony's birthstone and I decided it would be a cool necklace to give to Ariel.  This is a necklace that represents Ariel's birth month and Harper's too.


I have been emailing with Ariel all week - and finding out we have so much in common.  She says that I have put her at ease that she has picked the right family, but I still have FEAR that she will change her mind.  What if it happens again and my heart can't handle it?

I bought a tutorial online on how to make bows - and I have been testing my skills this week.  But, of course, I FEAR that we won't have a baby girl to wear all these bows.


My mom is so excited to have more grandchildren and has been going crazy buying for Harper, but again I FEAR that there won't be a little girl to wear all these beautiful things.

My friends and sister are planning a shower after the arrival of Harper, but I FEAR that all their plans will be for not.

I FEAR that our hearts will be broken again and I am not sure how we can handle it again.  But, I know in my heart that we have the best friends that will help us limp along if the worst happens.

I am trying to think of Bible verses that will help me out in all my FEARS...

The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:6) 

For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. (Isaiah 41:13)

We would appreciate your prayers especially this weekend and over the course of the next month.  Please pray that I let the FEAR go and enjoy this month before our daughter gets here.  Please pray for Ariel and her dad that we will be having dinner with on Saturday night.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment