Friday, May 6, 2011

Walt Disney World or Bust

Howdy Y'all!

Over at Kelly's Korner, it is Show Us Your Life - Favorite Vacation Places.  I have done lots of traveling - but I have consistently chosen Walt Disney World over anything else.  For me, it truly is the Happiest Place on Earth.  When our adoption was disrupted, Tony and I contemplated flying from New York straight to Orlando...but we thought we better get on home.  It probably would have made us happier though.  :)

Here are lots of pictures from several different trips - Tony and I have been married for almost 8 years and we have been to Disney 5 times.  I love that he allows me to get my fix every year and a half.  He is such a good man!  We have taken trips to WDW where it is just the two of us, we have taken our niece, we have gone with a big group and we have gone with my parents, brother, niece and nephew.  Each and every time, it is a blast!

The parades are amazing!  Spectromagic is my all time favorite parade!





Christmas at Walt Disney World is the best time to go.  It is beautiful!




Even though I am 32 years old, I still think the characters are real.  It is just part of the magic of this place.  It is certainly amazing when you get to ride a ride with one of the characters.





I can't figure out which is my favorite one - they all have something fun to offer.

Animal Kingdom


Epcot


 Magic Kingdom

And, for some reason I can't find a Disney Studios picture of one of its signature icons.  Oh well.


The fireworks are the best I have seen.  I could watch them over and over and over again.


I could sit and watch the animals all day.  We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge during our last trip and it was neat to sit out on our patio and watch all of the animals.  The gorillas at Animal Kingdom are my favorite!



Gotta love riding an antique carousel.


 You can even start a game of checkers.


 Or try some really nasty, nasty Coke products from all over the world.


Riding the monorail is so much fun.


 It is also good to relax at the end of the day on a nice Fireworks cruise with your family.


I do love to travel to other places too.  New York City is probably my favorite non-Disney World vacation.


San Francisco


Nashville


 This picture is straight up old school - but London, England.  I really want to go back especially after seeing the Royal Wedding.


Not my fave - but Tony's fave, Las Vegas


 Washington DC


Chicago


Hilton Head Island


Next up...Alaska!

I would recommend all of these trips - depending on what you are looking for, there is a vacation out there for everyone!

Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment