Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thanks Mom!

Howdy Y'all!

Today was supposed to be my first Mother's Day and we all know what happened.  However, I am here to thank my mom for making me who I am today.  Without her, I wouldn't have been able to stay as strong as I did.  I love you mom!  (And, I am going to apologize for the quality of some of these photos).

Thanks for being Mom to us three terrors!

Mom, Dad and Chris

Mom, Dad, Chris and Me

Mom, Dad, Chris, Me and Ashley - and one horrendous looking den.  Nice wall art, couch and floor.  :)

Thank you for always supporting our many sporting events.  You were always there, cheered the loudest and even embarrassed us a few (or more than a few) times.




You introduced to me Walmart, but, of course, if you hadn't I may still be in Texas.  :)


You gave us really bad haircuts - more than once - but I still say I have shiny hair because of the Vasoline!  HA!  I think you really loved that mullet look!



You always taught us the importance of a good education - and two out of three of us listened.




You were there when we got married!



You let us drag you to sporting events that you know nothing about and you act like you have fun.




You spoil your grandchildren!





And, you practically raise one as your own.





You took us to church and taught us the love of Jesus.


You are there in good times and in bad.




You have made us laugh.




And, you have made us cry.  (No people, I don't have a picture of one of my many spankings).  HA!


We can't wait for our Harper to get here with us - so you can spoil her like crazy.


Thank you for being the mom you were.  Growing up, I may have thought you were mean, but I know now that it was your way of raising us to be upstanding adults.  I think you did an awesome job.  I love you!












Thanks for the memories!  Here's to many, many more.

Toodles!




No comments:

Post a Comment