It is all about books tonight and how in the world do I narrow this down to just 4 books? I am going to cheat again and split it into two lists of 4...4 books that I have read recently and loved and 4 books that I am dying to read.
Recent Reads that I Love
4. The Help. Of course, this is currently a hit at the movies, but the book is amazing. I just read it a couple of months ago and I loved it! My mom, sister and I just checked out the movie this weekend and it was great too. If you have seen the movie, I would tell you to also check out the book. So Good!
3. Heaven is For Real - This is a quick, quick read that is fantastic! You can get so much out of just a couple of hours of reading.
2. Growing Up Colt. It is no surprise that I love the Texas Longhorns and Colt McCoy is my hero so this book was the perfect read for me this summer. It is a great book about raising your children to succeed and you don't have to love the Longhorns to love this book.
1. Spoken From The Heart. I actually read this one about a year ago, but it was so good. I loved getting a First Lady's take on their life growing up and their life in the White House.
Books I Would Love to Read
4. The Hunger Games Series. Okay, I am cheating since this is more than one book, but forgive me. I have downloaded the first book on my iPad...now I just have to find the time to read it.
3. The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo Series. Again, I am cheating. :) And, again I have downloaded the first book on my iPad.
2. My Fair Lazy by Jen Lancaster. I love, love, love this author! She cracks me up so much. She has these hilarious footnotes that make her books such a joy to read!
1. The Great Gatsby. I have never read this classic and there has been so much talk about it lately becoming a movie and I would love to read it before the movie comes out.
That's it for tonight. Happy Reading!