Monday, September 5, 2011

10 Day You Challenge, 4 Books

Howdy Y'all!


It is all about books tonight and how in the world do I narrow this down to just 4 books?  I am going to cheat again and split it into two lists of 4...4 books that I have read recently and loved and 4 books that I am dying to read.

Recent Reads that I Love
4.  The Help.  Of course, this is currently a hit at the movies, but the book is amazing.  I just read it a couple of months ago and I loved it!  My mom, sister and I just checked out the movie this weekend and it was great too.  If you have seen the movie, I would tell you to also check out the book.  So Good!


3.  Heaven is For Real - This is a quick, quick read that is fantastic!  You can get so much out of just a couple of hours of reading.


2.  Growing Up Colt.  It is no surprise that I love the Texas Longhorns and Colt McCoy is my hero so this book was the perfect read for me this summer.  It is a great book about raising your children to succeed and you don't have to love the Longhorns to love this book.


1.  Spoken From The Heart.  I actually read this one about a year ago, but it was so good.  I loved getting a First Lady's take on their life growing up and their life in the White House.


Books I Would Love to Read

4.  The Hunger Games Series.  Okay, I am cheating since this is more than one book, but forgive me.  I have downloaded the first book on my iPad...now I just have to find the time to read it.


3.  The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo Series.  Again, I am cheating.  :)  And, again I have downloaded the first book on my iPad.


2.  My Fair Lazy by Jen Lancaster.  I love, love, love this author!  She cracks me up so much.  She has these hilarious footnotes that make her books such a joy to read!


1.  The Great Gatsby.  I have never read this classic and there has been so much talk about it lately becoming a movie and I would love to read it before the movie comes out.


That's it for tonight.  Happy Reading!

Toodles!



No comments:

Post a Comment