Thursday, September 1, 2011

10 Day You Challenge, 6 Places

Howdy Y'all!


Today is all about places...and I am going to cheat a little and give you two lists of six places.  The first will be six places that I have visited and loved - and the second will be a list of six places I would love to visit.

6.  Hilton Head Island, SC/Savannah, GA - I am usually taking the vacation were it is go-go-go all the time and this was a great place just to sit back and relax.  I loved all the bike paths on HHI and the beaches were great too.  Savannah is only a 45 minute drive from the island and that city is just full of history.  I loved it all and I want to go back again soon!  One of the funniest things there is the airport...  If you ever fly into HHI, you will totally understand!




5.  I loved London and I really, really want to go back soon.  After watching the Royal Wedding, I wanted to jump on a plane immediately.  :)  I went when I had just turned 18 and I think that I would really appreciate all the history so much more now that I am older and wiser.


4.  Nashville is just an awesome place.  We have been several times to visit family (Tony's sister lives there) and every time we go, I marvel at the beauty.  I love all the big homes on the plush green acres of land.  And, if you love country music or really any music, then of course it is your town.  Last Christmas, we went to The Grand Ole Opry and it was a hoot.  It's a must if you ever visit Nashville.  And, of course, the biscuits and homemade preserves at the Loveless Cafe are to die for!



3.  San Francisco is just a cool town...just beware of all the hills!  I love the water and the buildings, Alcatraz is great, watching the San Francisco Giants was a blast and the food is awesome!




2.  I <3 NY!  I have been there twice and I can't wait to go back again.  It is amazing to me that a big city would have such beautiful parks!  I have seen a lot there, but there is still so much I want to see...Ellis Island, a Yankees Game, MOMA, etc.  Sounds like I need to plan another trip - and I am sure Harper would enjoy all the sights and sounds of NYC!






1.  And, last but not least is Walt Disney World, of course.  There is just something magical about that place.  I am so excited to take Harper on trips there and I hope she loves the Mouse just as much as I do.




Now on to the places that I would love to visit.

6.  The Great Wall of China - I think it would just be an amazing sight to see.


5.  Yellowstone

4.  The Grand Canyon (and I want to walk on that glass bridge overlooking it)

3.  Mount Rushmore


2.  Paris, France

1.  Italy

There are so many other places I want to go as well, but I already broke the rules and made two lists of six so I guess I will keep them to myself!

Toodles!





No comments:

Post a Comment