Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hit Me with Your Best SHOT!

Howdy Y'all!

Today was a day that I would guess most parents dread - Harper's first shots.  I was excited about going to the doctor to get her measurements because she is such a big baby, but I didn't want her to have the pain of shots.  This is the picture that I call the "calm before the storm".  I think she is adorable without all the clothes and bows - and those cheeks are just as squeezable!


Today Harper weighed in at a whooping 13lbs, 12 oz (98th percentile) and was 24.25 inches long (97th percentile).  You can't say we don't feed her.  :)  I am just happy with a beautiful healthy baby.  If she keeps growing like this, we may never repeat an outfit because we will grow out of them faster than we can wear them.  ha!

The doctor gave her a clean bill of health - and said that her kidney ultrasound looked normal.  If you don't remember this, we had this done because of an ear pit that she has - these basically look like an ear piercing which is a sinus cavity that didn't close up properly.  From the last time I mentioned it on here, I have had many others tell me that either they have one or their kids have one.  Long story short, it has turned out to be nothing and Harper is healthy!

The poor baby had to have 3 shots and an oral vaccine today.  She was actually crying most of the visit at the doctor's office because she was tired so I really didn't notice any additional crying because of the shots.


Harper was so tired that she feel asleep before we left the doctor's office parking lot.  I love her grumpy little face.


My sweet angel has been sleeping off and on all day with a little fussing here and there.  I decided to work from home this afternoon so I could monitor her after her shots - and I am glad I did.  I am glad I was the one that got to calm her when she got fussy.  I miss it during the day.


Tonight she is almost back to her old self - I love getting smiles from her.  It just about melts my heart.  I love this sweet girl so much!


Toodles!





No comments:

Post a Comment