Monday, August 15, 2011

You Gotta Do What You Gotta Do

Howdy Y'all!

Y'all probably would have gotten a great laugh yesterday if you were a fly on the wall at my house.  Harper was extremely fussy!  I tried everything to calm her down (except food since she had just eaten).

Of course, there was the diaper change...that didn't work!

Then, came the paci...and that didn't work!

What about the swing?  She usually loves it!  Not this time!!

Okay, well maybe she wanted to lay flat??  NOPE!

We tried the bicycle leg exercises for gas...still nothing.

I had something in the oven - so I couldn't leave the house.  So, I came up with a brilliant idea.  How about the stroller?

But, if you read right, I was trapped in the house because something was in the oven.  So, I was resourceful and decided to take Harper for a walk inside the house.  We walked from the living room, through the hall and into the foyer and then circled back again.  We did this over and over and over again with our little doggie friend following our every move.


But, guess what...it WORKED!  I had a sleeping baby when it was all said and done.  I did feel quite silly walking inside with the stroller - but you gotta do what you gotta do!


Today, my little sweetheart turned 8 weeks old!  I love this little girl so much - she is the light of our lives.  We go for her two month appointment next week and I am so curious about her stats because she looks so big for her age!


And, lastly - Friday night, Ariel emailed us some pictures from Harper's birth and I was so thankful for them.  When her dad came and got us to go back to see our angel for the first time,  I didn't take my camera so I was so excited when these pictures came!


Harper's first picture??  Maybe so!

Harper and Ariel's dad, Bob.

 Our first official family picture.

Us and Ariel - I am so thankful for these pictures!

I hope you have stopped laughing at me by now!  Have a great night.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment