Saturday, August 27, 2011

Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life: Baby Showers

Howdy Y'all!

I am blogging today to link to Kelly's Korner and her Show Us Your Life Series.  The topic is baby showers and they are top of mind for me since I have attended two of my own this year and hosted my sister's and my college roommate's shower less than a year ago.

Here are some pictures from my sister's shower - it was held in Texas at the church she attends and it was HOT!  Other than the temps, I thought the shower turned out great - she had a great turn out and got lots of things for my adorable niece Ava Grace.

Here is her diaper cake - it is my first and only attempt at a diaper cake.  I thought it turned out pretty cute.  If you ever want to learn how to make one, there are step-by-step video's on YouTube which make it pretty darn easy to pull one of these off.


Here is her table - I love the idea of a clothes line.  I stole this idea shamelessly from my friend Laura's shower.  I had the onesies made and I think it adds a personal touch.


I found this cake idea on one of our local bakeries website and then my mom's friend made it for Ashley's shower.  I think it is the cutest idea.  (And, note - if you are visiting my blog from Kelly's Korner or new to my blog, the little gnome in the picture is my traveling gnome and she shows up in lots of random pictures!)


My beautiful sister and her table.


Here is another idea that I stole from Laura's shower - it is called a blessing ring.  You can decorate a front and back cover to the ring and then it is a place for the mom-to-be to keep all of the cards in one place that she received for the baby.  And, really this idea could be used for wedding showers, birthday parties, etc.  Isn't it all about stealing ideas for your own use?


Me and several others threw my college roommate, Rebecca, a baby shower in January of this year.  I apologize for the lack of photos (I did steal two of them from her shutterfly account).  HA!  I did make her a blessing ring as well, but didn't get a picture of it.  Sorry.

Note: Again for those of you visiting from Kelly's Korner, I need to explain something before you all get a little confused.  My husband and I adopted a beautiful baby girl in June, but we were supposed to adopt one in March but the mom changed her mind after the baby was 3 days old.  So, you will see in these next two showers that one is for Kinley and the other is for Harper.  Kinley is the sweet baby girl that we don't have and Harper is our little angel now.

My wonderful friends Laura and Rhonda in Northwest Arkansas threw me a shower for Kinley in February of this year and it was so cute.  They used the colors of our nursery and I loved it.  Here is the cute little baby shower invite that Rhonda had made to match the decor.  I spiced it up for a scrapbook page/baby shower sign in.


Here is the table at Kinley's shower with the adorable diaper cake.  This was also Rhonda's first attempt and she did GREAT!  I loved that she used the fabric from our nursery on it.


I love petit fours!  They are just the best!  Luckily I was able to actually eat a couple of these because I opened gifts for over two hours and I was afraid they would all be gone.  But, never fear, I was able to eat some and take home extras too.


Here are my beautiful hostesses - I love these girls.  They are simply amazing!


And, I got my own blessing ring too.  I plan on changing the name out to Harper and keeping all the cards together.  I really just love the idea that you can keep all the cards and the sweet notes from people that you have received.  Normally, these would have just been thrown away...such a great idea!


Because of what happened with Kinley - I told my friends in Texas that I didn't want to have a shower until after we brought Harper home and we knew she was going to stay with us forever.  It all worked out perfectly.

Isn't this cake adorable?  My sister kept this cake a secret from me for months - and that is huge because she can't keep a secret to save her life.


Cute little clothesline - I love the skirts, bloomers and socks!


The awesome food table with the diaper cake and cute Harper picture frame.  My mom gave me a Bible verse to carry around with me while we were waiting for sweet Harper and my friend Crystal had the Harper frame made for me and it has the Bible verse on it.  Too sweet!


They also had a candy bar and cake pops.  If you have never had a cake pop, you are really missing out. They are so delicious!  And, if you notice the piggy bank in the picture, that was for the guests to start Harper's college fund.  I love the idea.  Too cute.


And, last but not least are my beautiful hostesses - I love these girls for throwing me and Harper the most amazing shower.


I hope you all enjoyed the tour of all the babies showers I have attended/thrown during the last year.

Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment