Thursday, December 9, 2010

Deep Thoughts...

Howdy Y'all!

I have a few things on my mind tonight...and they aren't really deep thoughts, they are more like random thoughts.  HA!  I feel like I am always so random and I always have a numbered list!

1)  We have a tradition growing up that we always, always, always watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.  Always!  Because we were going to the football game this year, I knew I wasn't going to be able to watch the parade - so the DVR came in handy.  I have been watching bits and pieces of the parade over the last week - and I am proud to say that this morning, I finally finished watching it.

NOW, I can officially say that Thanksgiving is over and Christmas has officially begun.  So, maybe it will get me motivated to finish up the decorations.

I have the smaller of my two trees put up.

The mantel has been decorated...BUT...

...this is the state of my big 12' tree.  It is still hanging out in the foyer on the floor in it's bag.


2)  So, winter hasn't even officially started, but I am already over winter.  It is COLD, frigid, freezing, etc.  I do not like 20 degree temps...I am a Texas girl...we should not these kinds of temps without having the pleasure of snow on the ground.  Period!

3)  Have you ever had a best friend?  I have had the pleasure of having 4 in my life - and I can't imagine life without these girls.

First up is Crystal.  Our parents knew each other before we were born - we were destined to be great friends.  I don't get to see her much, but we pick up right where we left off when we get together.  Her family is my family...my family is her family.  I love that she has met my Bentonville best friend - and they act like they have known each other for years.  I am so blessed to have her in my life.


Next up is Lori.  When I was 6 years old getting ready to go to 1st grade, a lady and her young daughter was standing in line at Walmart.  Guess what, we determined that they lived down the road from us and that her daughter was going to be in the same class as me.  And, along came the friendship between me and Lori.  We had the best time - we would chase the Indian killer on the "mad man's" land, we would pour hot wax on our hands, we would fight and make up.  It was the perfect friendship...and still is!



Then, enter college and the friendship between me and Rebecca.  I was actually roommates with someone else the first few months of my freshmen year and at first, I tried to figure out a way to move Rebecca out of her room and move in with her wacky roommate.  Boy, that would have been a mistake. Bex and I were cut from the same cloth...it was kind of freaky.  I ended up becoming her roommate right before her birthday.  What better birthday present could she have gotten besides a best friendship with me??  Right?  I love that girl...Rebecca Becky Becca Bex Theresa.............Bizro Burrow Vasek.


And, finally there is Laura.  I have gone a week without seeing her and it has made me sad.  You know, I never get to see the three I talked about above - and I have accepted that...but, Laura and I pretty much see each other EVERY day.  Going a week without her is hard.  :)  She and I met about 7 years ago or so...and our friendship has just continued to grow and grow and grow.  I can't imagine my life without her.  She is the greatest!


So, many people go through life with just one very best friend - and like I said above, I have been so lucky to have 4.  I couldn't imagine life without any of these girls and I could never choose between them.  They have been in my life at just the right moment of life and I know that I will be lifelong friends with all of them.  (Gosh, I am being so sentimental tonight).

4)  Will Ferrell was in Bentonville today - and I missed it.  I am so sad.  I would have loved to meet him - he totally cracks me up.

5)  However, Steve Carrell will be here on Saturday at our Saturday Morning Meeting.  He is pretty funny as well - and I love Despicable Me.  Cute movie - check it out if you haven't seen it.

6)  I am sending out a big apology to my good friend Rhonda for making her laugh all day today.  That sounds like a good thing, doesn't it?  Well, not if you had oral surgery this week...sorry Rhonda, it is hard for me not to be funny.  :)

Is that enough for tonight - man, I am totally random.

Toodles!




No comments:

Post a Comment