Monday, December 13, 2010

So Blessed!

Howdy Y'all!

On Saturday, my husband inquired about a certain adoption scenario with our agency - and today, the agency sent us the specifics about the birth mom/situation.  We have decided not to pursue this situation for a couple of reasons (one I will explain a further along), but this girl's situation is just heartbreaking.

I was adopted at birth by my parents - and now more than ever, I feel so blessed that I was raised by them and that my birth mom had the courage to give me up for adoption.   I read a lot about this particular situation today - and like I said above, it breaks my heart.  This birth mom is in her twenties, unemployed, pregnant for the 5th time in her young life and separated from her husband (who is not the father).  While all of that is sad, her upbringing is even worse.  Her parents were only married for 2 years of her life - and she was raised by her father because her mom was a drug addict.  Her father wasn't much better because he was an alcoholic - and she moved out on her own at the age of 13.   She had her first child at the age of 15, however, impressively - she still graduated high school and has even completed 2 years of college.  She knows adoption is the best thing for her baby - because, sadly, she says she doesn't have any family that isn't addicted to either drugs or alcohol that could help out raising the baby.  I would like for you all to keep her in your prayers - I would love to see her turn her life around, finish school and start a career.  I know that I will not know what happens with her after today - but, I know God works miracles in people.

As I mentioned above, we have decided not to pursue the above situation for a couple of reasons.

1) The adoption is almost twice our budget - and while we could probably come up with the money, Tony says we have to pay for their college.  :)

2) After I received the details on this situation today - we received another email.  This one again is outside of our budget (but, an acceptable tolerance where we can still pay for college).  :)  I don't have much details on this one - but the birth mom has given interest in us.  We are emailing back tonight - and I will fill you all in on the details if we receive more.  Again, I would ask for your prayers for this birth mom - from the little that I know about her, she really needs it.

With this whole process, you have your ups and downs.  Some days are sad - and some days you just try not to think about the waiting.  I have so many pregnant friends and acquaintances right now - and while I am INCREDIBLY happy for them, it sometimes makes me sad a little.  I know my day is coming - I am just ready to make an impact on a child's life like my parents made on mine.

Thank you mom and dad!  I love you!

Toodles

1 comment:

  1. Prayers!!! I still pray regularly for the "birth mom" of your baby!!! I know that God has the baby picked out for you already! Cissie

    ReplyDelete