Friday, May 28, 2010

Almost Perfect Day

Howdy Ya'll!

My day was almost perfect today and the only thing that could have made it better is if I could have seen my other great friends and family.  I actually had a different blog post subject all ready to go today, but it will come up tomorrow.  By ready to laugh a lot.  :)

Here are the reasons why the day was almost perfect:

  • I didn't work today!  Today was the start of my 4-day weekend.  Woo Hoo!  I didn't get up until 6:30 which is way late for me.  And, that was GREAT.
  • My friend Rhonda and I spent the day scrapbooking.  I wish I could do it every Friday - but, unfortunately, work says no.  :)
The Cricut and Laptop set up for prime scrapbooking

Oh, what a mess it makes.

Just an example of a page completed

  • Then, Rhonda and I went to The Station for lunch.  Oh my, so good!  And, we got a cupcake from Kupcakes.  See a previous post to see my love for these places.
  • We also kind-of planned a trip to Walt Disney World next December with The Polls (that's us!), The Teffs (my bestie and her family) and The Berrys (Rhonda and her family).  You can't believe how much I love, love, love, love, love, love, love that place.  It makes me so happy!
The Monorail traveling through Epcot

When I get to WDW, I revert to a 7 year old kid!
  • AT&T came today and installed UVerse - and right now as I am typing this, I am enjoying the benefits of a faster internet and HBO On Demand.  I am watching Season 2 of True Blood which I haven't watched yet!!  I love UVerse already!!
  • Tony and I drove down to Fayetteville this afternoon after the UVerse man left - and we picked up my birthday present...an iPad!  Yippee!  I think we are Apple freaks...we have an iMac, 2 iPhones and an iPad.
I even got a cute little pink case for it.
  • Since we were down in Fayetteville, we ate at one of my favorite places in Northwest Arkansas...The Catfish Hole, where you can eat as much catfish and fixins as you want...which may require you to be rolled out the door at the end of the meal.
Yum-O!

A little piece of heaven in a mouthful...Hushpuppies.  I told Tony I could eat 100 of these.

  • As we paid, I picked up a Tootsie Roll Pop, orange flavored, and enjoyed it on the ride home.  Did you guys ever hear the rumor that if you found a star on your wrapper that you got a free Pop?  Well, it's not true - I actually googled it tonight...but, my wrapper was null and void of the star tonight anyways.

The day has been great - and I am going to carry on that theme and set up my iPad, play a little Words with Friends, watch some True Blood and read some of Laura Bush's biography.

Toodles.



1 comment: