I think growing up, I was the world's pickiest eater...but now that I am grown, maybe I am just the nation's pickiest eater. :) For those of you that have known me since I was a child, you know all about my food weirdness!!
I came up with this blog topic while I was eating dinner tonight (which was chicken, cream corn and ranch style beans). Because of the juice of the cream corn and ranch style beans, this meal always causes a bit of an issue in my house. If foods have the ability to touch, I am OUT. So, when I eat these foods together, it requires a plate for the chicken, a bowl for the corn and a bowl for the beans...ridiculous, I know. I really need one of these...
I have at least gotten better when eating a meal because I used to eat one thing at a time - and at least I have grown out of that. (Man, I can't believe I am admitting all of these picky habits that I have).
Below are some of the other picky things around food:
- I do NOT eat anything with bones. Blah! Ribs - out! Chicken leg - out! That stuff freaks me out. I think it was the years of dissecting things in biology classes in high school and college.
- I don't like most "P" fruits - peaches, pears, pineapples, Oh My!
- I only like to eat carrots raw...not cooked!
- I can't even touch mustard...if my husband asked me to make him a sandwich, he has to be on his death bed before I touch that yucky yellow stuff.
- Vegetables belong in a salad (which I love), but not on a sandwich or burger.
You might think from this list that I am crazy, but you would be amazed that I am so much better than I used to be. I have branched out a ton! I mean, hello, before I would never even eat Mexican food (I ordered chicken strips), but now it is my favorite!
I hope I am not alone - what food issues do you have?