Monday, June 21, 2010

The Lone Star State

Howdy Ya'll!

This weekend, I got to go to my favorite place on earth - TEXAS!  I just love going back home.  I know I have said this before, but Texas will always be my home even though I have lived in Arkansas for 10 years.

The weekend started off with a nice meal with my in-laws at iii Forks and it was super tasty.  Seriously, I started off with the Lobster Bisque and I wanted to lick the bowl clean.  And, I introduced my mother-in-law to a mojito - she didn't know what it was at first, but she thought it was super tasty.


The real purpose of the trip was to see Wicked with my mom, sister and niece.  I have seen it once before, but I wanted to see it with them for two reasons.  1) I just thought it was amazing and wanted to experience it again and 2) I wanted them to experience it with me.   Next time it is in your area, buy the tickets - you won't regret it!  Here is the best musical performance in the play performed at the Tony's by Kristen Chenoweth and Idina Menzel.



Bertha, of course, went along for the trip.  Here are a couple of pics of my favorite gnome.  :)

Bertha at IHOP...she is thinking about drinking that syrup!

Bertha sure did enjoy herself at the play - she could hear the music, but was a little short to be able to see the stage.

Bertha enjoyed a little snack at Pinkberry after the show.  Yummy!

I got to see my sister for the second time since she has found out she was pregnant.  Now folks, she is almost 6 months pregnant - and this is what I see.

Um, hello???  Where is the baby?  I don't see anything there.



Okay, I guess when you pull the shirt back, you can see a little something there.  Hi, Ava Grace!

After the play on Saturday, the girls (my mom, sister, niece and I) did a little shopping at IKEA and Half Price Books.  I love both of those places and I could probably spend hours in both stores - but, we limited ourselves.

Both Saturday and Sunday, I tried to get brunch at Breadwinners - but, both times, I didn't make it there. Thankfully, I go to Dallas frequently and I will just make it another time.  However, we did get to squeeze in one of our absolute favorites, Snuffers.  They have the best cheese fries in the World (maybe, the Universe!).  They make a pretty good burger too.


Before heading back to Arkansas, we stopped off at the Gold Class Cinemas for a first class movie theater experience to watch Toy Story 3.  I am a stonewall - I don't cry at anything - but, I felt that tightness in the throat at the end of the movie.  Granted, there were no tears - but, the movie got to me if I got the throat thing going on.  It was a wonderful movie - and a great way to end our trip to Big D.  My favorite quote from the movie came from Slinky Dog, "I've got a kink in my slink!"  So stinkin' cute!

Our dogs stayed at their doggie hotel - and they always come back tired which makes them easy.  I missed these crazy dogs.



We are back home now and sleeping in our own bed.  We came back with a few purchases and an old trusty hiking stick.  This was a stick that Tony used when we went on camping trips with his dad in Colorado and other places.  It is a pretty cool memento have from your childhood.


Well, that is about it - I gotta go love on the zoo.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment