Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Playlist

Howdy Ya'll!

I am a lover of iTunes!!  I love to look for music that I haven't thought about in years and another of my favorite things to do is look at the Celebrity Playlists.  If you are not familiar with these - celebrities will create a playlist of their favorite songs and tell you why they are on the list as one of their favorites - and of course, you can buy the whole playlist or just buy song by song.

So, tonight - I thought I would give you my playlist which consists of 20 of my favorite songs of all time.  The wide array of music genres that are present on the list may make you laugh - but, seriously, I LOVE all of these songs.  They are in no particular order - except for the first song.

Regulate - Warren G
This is my all-time favorite song.  If I am having a bad day, I could be this on and instantly get in a good mood.  "Regulators, Mount Up!"

What's Up? - 4 Non Blondes
I can picture myself with the windows down, yelling this song at the top of my lungs...oh wait, I don't even have to picture myself, I do it!

Tiny Dancer - Elton John
Not sure why I love this song so much, but it is a classic and hands down my favorite Elton John song.

Cowboy Bill - Garth Brooks
You may not recognize this song, but one of my favorite things about country music is the stories that are told within the songs.  This song tells a great and sad story.

Alone - Heart
This one reminds me of my college roommate, Rebecca.  She bought me this greatest hits on CD in college - and it is still one of my favorites.  Actually, it is in the car right now.  I can belt out a good version of Alone.  :)

Empire State of Mind - Jay Z (featuring Alicia Keys)
I don't have too many new songs on the list - but, this one reminds me of my bestie, Laura and all of the anticipation we had going into our trip to New York City.  I think I may be able to listen to this song over and over and over again.

Boy Named Sue - Johnny Cash
I can see myself sitting in my mom's Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme listening to this on a tape she had in her car and I thought it was the oddest thing that someone cut off a piece of someone else's ear.  To me, this is another classic that reminds me of my younger years.

Don't Stop Believing - Journey
I love, love, love Journey and this song may be trendy because it has been used on Glee and The Sopranos, but I loved this song and owned a couple of CDs way before it become a hit again.  My niece told me that she downloaded it the other day - I am glad their music is getting introduced to hit another generation.

Lightning Crashes - Live
Don't know what it is about this song - but, I love it.  I think it just reminds me of high school.

3 AM - Matchbox Twenty
This was one of the first CDs that I owned where I could stomach listening to the whole thing.  This song (and the whole CD) was played a lot on I-45 in Texas when I was traveling between college and home.  I am pretty sure that Rebecca introduced me to Matchbox Twenty...so I love her for that (and for lots of other reasons too).

What It Takes - Aerosmith
Such great memories flood back around this song.  Leslie Bambeck and I would sing this song constantly during one particular summer while playing softball, swimming or pretty much any other activity.

I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
I could dance all day and all night to this song - it just puts me in that kind of mood.  Just ask Tony, I have danced myself to sleep listening to this song and got up dancing the next morning.

The Devil Went Down to Georgia - The Charlie Daniels Band
I mentioned last week that I love fiddle players - well, here you go - this song was the start of that love.

Lunchlady Land - Adam Sandler
"Sloppy Joe, slop, sloppy joe..."  Doesn't that make you laugh??  It makes me giggle that he can incorporate school lunches with the lunchlady's gum disease and gout.

The Chair - George Strait
Such a cheesy pick up line, but a perfect song!

The Walk - Sawyer Brown
I pretty much love anything that is patriotic/about the military and this song tells a great story.

All I Wanna Do - Sheryl Crow
This is another song that will make you want to roll all of the windows and sing at the top of your lungs. How could one resist??

Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Conner
She made abbreviating cool even way back in the early 90s.

Renegade - Styx
I owe this one to Frank Parker at Sam Houston State University - he was shocked that I had never really heard of Styx and Bread so he brought some CDs to work - and I feel in love with Styx.

Angus Dei/Worthy - Third Day
This is my all-time favorite Christian song - simple, but awesome!


Maybe this list will inspire you to go in iTunes and buy some music - and heck, since most of them are old songs, you would only have to pay $0.99/song instead of $1.29/song.

I would love to know some of your favorites too.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment